Sending Event Related Mass Emails from the COPA web site
COPA regional coordinators / volunteers have the capability to send mass emails to notify members regarding upcoming events. Here are step by step instructions:
- Navigate to the main COPA forum page
- In the Quick Links section on the top right, click on "Member Lookup / Directory"
- Choose how you want to select members to email. Popular methods include:
- Within xxx miles of a particular airport where a fly in event will be occurring
- By State (note that state names must be written out - not abbreviations) or Country
- By partial zip code (entering a "5" will return all members whose zip code begins with 5)
- Enter your criteria and click on Search Members - a list of members will be returned
- Select which members will receive an email or click "Select All," then click on the "Send" button at the bottom left of the screen
- An email form will appear. Enter a subject and email text and click "Send Email"
Obviously, none of us like spam, so please be judicious in your use of this capability. There has been one suggestion that we include the following in any bulk emails.
"You were sent this email in conjunction with your membership in the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association"
Leave the first comment for this page.